Visual Studio 2010

The coding experience is getting better and better. I just happened to get Visual Studio 2010 Premium installed on my personal laptop. I also picked up the April edition of MSDN magazine. It focuses mainly on the new Visual Studio release. Couple of articles talk about some of the many new features that VS 2010 offers, including Vertical edits and IntelliTrace.

I was reading about IntelliTrace and how you can avoid “no repro” scenarios. More often we come across such cases at work. I will test out the IntelliTrace this weekend in order to fully understand it. I am sure it is great feature that will very useful for developers.

Vertical editing – How long have I loathed text editors in general that I cannot replace text vertically. With VS 2010 it is pretty simple. Just Alt+select your text vertically and you can replace them all together. I wish they bring this feature to SSMS as well.

This combined with .NET framework 4.0 features will definitely be a sure winner. I will explore more features and share if I find something interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Tamil Calendar

Who does the daunting task of valuing all the troubled assets?

Why is my Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file not opening by double-clicking?